Corner with Love Rewatch
May 30, 2014
photos not mine, credits to the owners 🙂
Finished re-watching 9 episodes of Corner with Love. Ah, vacation, I love you! No regrets.
I watched this when I was in 2nd or 3rd year college so I barely remember the details. Heck, I can’t even remember all the details of the movies I watched last week so how was I supposed to remember an asian drama yeaaaars ago? Lol.
Anyway, Barbie Xu and Show Luo has this amazing onscreen chemistry!!! After Vic Zhou, I think Show’s my next favorite lead guy and not Jerry Yan (*gasp*)~ That’s how much I love seeing them together 🙂 Some people are annoyed by the constant bickering in this drama but I think it makes everything more fun. Other actors could’ve been better in terms of acting but Barbie and Show’s portrayal as Xin Lei and Qin Lang totally made up for it. Love the actress who plays Grandma too~
Here are some of my thoughts for the first half of the drama, in bullets. 🙂 Spoilers ahead!!!
- Girl friendships are too cute here! Bi Zhu / Xin Lei and Xi Xian / Xin Lei are awesome. Being a spoiled princess that Xin Lei is, at least she knows how to protect and value her friends :))
- I always say this but I’ll say it again : My love for Barbie Xu knows no bounds. She’s my favorite celebrity since 2003 and eleven years later, this remains the same. I’ve watched her first as Shan Cai in Meteor Garden, then Qi Luo in Mars, and Yu Xin Lei in Corner with Love. I loved her in every drama, in every character she portrays. Many people are not big fans of her acting but I am, and I will always be supportive no matter what. I think she did a great job as Xin Lei, this is so different than the previous roles I’ve seen her in. She always look so pretty here! It’s the first time I’ve seen her in a rich role, very poised, and very bratty as well. I think Barbie is a lot like Xin Lei in real life 😛
- Show Luo is also perfect as Qin Lang~ I love how he cannot admit his own feelings and is not confident that someone like Xin Lei can actually like him 🙂 I dunno, I find it adorable. I love how he always yells at her but can’t seem to not care for her no matter how much he denies it.
- Did I mention that I LOVE THE OST SO SO SO MUCH??? Show Luo’s voice is heavenly, I tell you. Listen to him!!!
- One of the best parts is in the first episode~ When Xin Lei asked Qin Lang to teach her how to cook oyster omelettes, she didn’t want to tie her hair up because it would be damaged. And then Qin Lang held her hair for her so it wouldn’t be a distraction!!! He even smelled her hair while she was cooking lololol it was so cute. Too bad I’m streaming the drama I couldn’t take a screenshot! 🙁
- Of course, the scene where Qin Lang sang for Xin Lei to cheer her up? AND Xin Lei played the piano to thank him for cheering her up? They both look so kilig! 😀 I smile like an idiot when I watch them hahahaha
- What kind of fiance leaves the girl he’s supposed to marry when she lost her family and all her money??? You selfish brat.
- The relationship between Xin Lei and Grandma is so adorable too. I liked Grandma even from the start. Maybe it’s because I really like grandparents in general? Hehe. But the scene where Xin Lei is having a nightmare and Grandma comes to her and comforts her… It made me teary-eyed 😀 *sniff*
- Ahhh, An Teng Feng! Dean Fujioka speaking English, French, Mandarin, Japanese (Barbie also!!!!! *screams*) is super duper sexy. He cannot act that well tho but he’s such an eye candy so I don’t mind at all. I remembered having a crush on him years ago because of CWL hihihi. It’s all coming back to me nowwww 😀
- I always forget the other girl’s name, Qin Lang’s childhood friend? Her teeth bothers me, tbh. LOL. I don’t like her but I don’t hate her either. She just makes things interesting so it’s better if she stays. Haha.
- I love Bi Zhu but I find her acting and way of speaking really, really weird. I wonder if she’s like that in real life??? I also always wonder what if Filipino soaps have the same acting style? Exaggerated and with animations here and there? LOL I wouldn’t think that cute-sy acting would work but I want to see local TV celebrities try it. Hahahaha.
- Kissing scenes! I love twdramas because unlike jdramas and kdramas, kisses in twdramas look a whole lot better. It looked real and honest and not annoying. I hate jdrama kisses where the leads just stand there, lips closed, eyes opened… No feelings at all. But this one makes my fangirl heart super happy!
I still have seven more episodes to go so it’s still quite long. Knowing me, I know I’d be bored in most parts of the drama but because I love the leads so much, I promise to finish this until the end no matter how long it will take me :))
Will end this post with a Corner with Love MV ♥
Show Luo looks very sexy in the rain. K will go nao bye.